Sunday 29 January 2017

Dayvani's Vanity Table

My little one is turning 7 in a month and she has out grown her plastic vanity table.  She loves sitting at mine and getting herself ready for school in the morning.  I decided to make one for her for her birthday.
I purchased a sewing table from Good Will for $40 and will make it into a vanity table for her room.  It was the perfect width for the space it needs to go in.

First thing I needed to do was take it apart.....


Taking the top off was easy as it was simply screwed into place.  Then I used a small reciprocating saw to take the front face off of it.

I sanded the entire vanity and all of the shelf pieces before I built the shelf.  I then used the top of the table to make a vanity shelf and a top for the right side of the vanity where the drawers were.  I then filled some of the holes that were left from dismantling it.  The filler needed to dry overnight.

I have done two coats of white paint on the base of the vanity and colors on the drawers.  I am letting the paint set for at least 48 hours. 
I plan to purchase fun handles for the drawers and place a coat of clear varnish on the base of the vanity top.  A mirror will be purchased to hang behind it.  I will post the final product later.



No comments:

Post a Comment