Monday 28 March 2016

Bathroom Redo

My bathroom was very outdated and had a VERY small bathtub.  Being a person who likes her soaks in the bath tub I needed to freshen up my bathroom.  I took exhaustive measurements of my bathroom and ordered all of my supplies ahead of time and had them delivered to my house.  Luckily I had room to store my supplies in my garage while I did demo.




The bathroom was very bad and required removal of a lot of plaster and old tile and moldy tub surround.  WEAR a MASK!!!!


I needed to remove all of the old insulation as well.  Once all of the walls were removed and the tub was torn out I was able to update the plumbing to new PVC.  I didn't have to do the toilet as it was done when my basement was updated.  The sink and tub plumbing was easy to change out once everything was torn out.


Once the plumbing was hooked up I made sure I ran the water to ensure there wasn't any leaks!  Tip:  Make sure the drain of your tub in on the correct side before you drag it into your bathroom!
I ensured that I bought the drywall for bathrooms to put in and around the tub area.



Once the drywall was finished I installed a tub surround.  I also began assembling the furniture for the bathroom.




The finished product is as close to my dream bathroom as I will get in my old house!  I love it!  I bought all of my furnishing and tub and toilet and such from Lowes.






1 comment:

  1. Your bathroom looks really lovely, I’m impressed with your ability and knowledge. I especially love the way the curved tub creates a spa-like space though you clearly have a small area to work with. You made lots of storage in the high cupboard and the wood on it and the sink adds warmth and coziness. Bravo! I’m inspired!

    ReplyDelete