Monday 28 March 2016

Bed Frame with Storage



I build both my daughter and I beds with storage underneath.  I bought the baskets first and made sure the openings were big enough to fit.  There are end compartments that are both slightly bigger and smaller but work well for other storage.  I had to build it in pieces to get them into the house.  My daughter's bed was a full size and mine is queen.


Once I got the three pieces into the bedroom I covered the whole thing by sheets of plywood to make it more sturdy.  Ensure you use both glue and small nails to hold the pieces together.

Along with three pieces for my frame I created a headboard using a large door.  I cut the door in half and then inserted polyvinyl used for lighting in the open spaces.  I secured the PVC with small framing.


 Before I placed the mattress on I secured all the pieces together with sheets of plywood.





I secured the headboard to the bed frame once it was secured.

No comments:

Post a Comment